is a T-shirt like this! 🙂
I often feel like being with people…. Well, at least once in every couple of days for about an hour. The rest of the time I rather enjoy being the outside observer. Interacting requires such an effort. Most people are energy vampires that suck the life force out of me. There are a few who actually charge me up some of the time. The kind, positive and creative type who has at least as many interest as I do. The hardest thing about ‘social interaction’ is responding to people with what they want to hear as opposed to the truth. I find lying a really hard work.
- – First I must pay attention to what people tell me.
- – Then work out the meaning as well as
- – the unsaid from intonation and facial expression.
- – Then I have to think real fast what I know about the person to work out what response she or he would most likely to want to hear.
- – Then, pay attention to what intonation I use in my response,
- – meanwhile minding my own facial expressions and body language.
All for a little white lie that makes the person like me enough to want to talk to me again.
Most people take social interaction for granted. If they only knew how hard it for some of us…
…so actually what I really want is more friends who like and accept me the way I am.